Post by banlong on Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:36 pm

The Secret Pursuit

Year

Director
Sheng Lin / He Ren

Cast
Peter Ho, Tiffany Lee, Zhu Yuchen

Sinopsis

Dark clouds of strange first love or other danger ?

Mai Long (Peter Ho) hires himself as a photographer at a nuptial dress photography shop called “The Rose Dream”. The hostess Jimmy is deeply attracted by his handsome appearance and blue temperament. She falls in love with Mai Long comfirmedly, but Mai Long remains unmoved.

In fact, Mai Long is harried by a mistical man. The man ceaselessly asks him the yellow ribbon’s whereabouts and threatens him. Gradually, the danger also suffers Jimmy. Because of the Yellow Ribbon, Mai Long and Jimmy’s peaceful life is filled with danger.

Mai Long suspects that anyone around him may be the planner of the plot, including the university student, Jiachun, who looked weakly and ever received Mai Long’s help.

By accident, lighted with Jiachun, Mai Long thinks of that the whole thing may spring from his first love: more than one year before, at a dark night, Mai Long and a naive girl named Xiuiu fell in love with each other. Feeling guilty to Xiuiu’s boyfriend, Mai Long left the small town resolutely. Now he has to believe that he planted a hatred seed at that time.

Mai Long makes his mind to face the revenge in his own manner. However, when Mai Long thinks himself approaching the truth gradually, he accidentally discovers that his way of thinking is wrong----there is a bigger plot behind the yellow ribbon…..

banlong

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: (2004)The Secret Persuit

Post by fang2 on Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:48 am

banlong, thanks for opening this thread!

Knowing that Peter is the male lead, I don't want to miss it. I feel happy when finally I can find it in the local rental here.

The story actually is not bad, but how to tell the story is not good. I agree with tumn tumn that the editing is really BAD. No It makes me confused. confused One scene is rapidly changed into the other one and seems like it's disorganized.

Peter's voice was dubbed... it's not his real voice.

There's ONLY one thing that I like about this movie is Peter's apperance. He's cool and his hairdo is okay for me ( tongue since I don't like his old-fashioned hairdo like in Dark War and Zhen Xin Hua). In some scenes, Peter's lips are really red Shocked

If it's not for Peter, I won't watch this movie.
fang2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by banlong on Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:57 am

I feel the same way! it's an inferior film...he was not famous at that time and had little chance to act "good" film. fortunately, those days has passed! now he even can self-direct MV and series!!

banlong

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tumn tumn on Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:20 am

I guess the three of us have the same point of view on this movie. The editing is terrible. As I seldom watch Mainland movies & dramas, aside from Peter Ho I got confused with the other who & who. The supporting actors look the same to me! Razz
tumn tumn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fang2 on Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:37 pm

Looking at the year of making this film "2004", I think Peter was quite famous during this year! His series "Wind & Cloud 1" was everywhere during that time, and even being aired on our local tv. Then, his series "Love at the Aegean Sea" also came out during that year. Everybody here who likes watching series knows Peter Ho. Smile
fang2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by banlong on Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:28 am

I'm confused that why Peter accept acting this film.... tongue but he really looks handsome in it: Laughing

banlong

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fang2 on Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:28 pm

banlong, u r rite.... Peter looks so handsome in this movie. In fact, his appearance is the same as in his series Love of the Aegean Sea (LOTAS). Very Happy And... do you notice his silver necklace? "Li Yao Xiang" of LOTAS also wore it

I also wonder why Peter accepted this movie. Mad

Last edited by fang2 on Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
fang2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top