A View of His Back Under The Road Lamp

Go down

A View of His Back Under The Road Lamp

Post by banlong on Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:09 pm

(I transtlate this article for it makes a lot of fans decide to support him)

Moved For A Moment , Support For A Life------“A View of His Back Under The Road Lamp”
Author: MAOERJUAN

I’d like to tell you a true story, alright? I call this story “A View of His Back Under The Road Lamp”-----
That’s a day of several years ago, five girls got on the train early in order to meet the idol in their hearts. They have imagined that scene for numerous times and prepared a lot of words for him. They held the presents for him tightly so as to avoid being robbed. only one girl was still sleeping well, because she was compelled to accompany her friends, she didn’t like to follow stars at all. Of course, this girl was me!

Afer twists and turns, we finally found the filming base. It was noon already, we were tired and hungry after a long walk. We waited at the gate, hoping to meet the idol we sincerely love. At last, his car run out! We followed him along the road, calling his name and waving to him. But he simply ignored us. His car sped away from us and splashed the dirty water of the road on our clothes. I was angry to the extreme. I wanted to
blame my friends in the first place, but when I saw them trying hard to clean the presents, heard them explaining for him: he must haven’t seen us, he wouldn’t intentionally treat us like that…… I really didn’t know what to say…… I could only kept waiting at the gate with them.

We waited from noon to evening, tired and hungry. In order not to miss his car, I went alone to buy some food for my friends. The filming base was remote, I couldn’t find good to eat and there was also no place to rest. How sad we were! We sat on the roadside, only a piece of newspaper as pad. To avoid disturbing their filming work, we tried not to look or ask anything. At 6:00 PM, the staff couldn’t bear to see us like that, he brought us some snacks and said that shooting would be finished soon. “ just wait a little more time, I’ll try to lead you in.” We were almost moved to tears at his words.

By 7:00 PM, we were finally leaded into the shooting spot. It was very dark. Quietly, we waited for his coming out from the dressing room. By 9:00 PM, we met him at last. Seeing us coming toward him, he asked the assistant: " How did they come in? who leaded them in?” Then, he walked out of the gate, without a backward glance. We followed him, while he was getting on the car, a girl among us run to him and said:”Hello, these fruit are specially bought for you. Acting is a tiring work, please accept these fruit!” he took the fruit, dropped in the car without a glance at the girl. Then he said to the assistant:” Hurry, go!” Watching the car’s disappearance and my friends’ disappointed expression, I burst into anger at last. I threw all the presents for him onto the road and said:” wise up! There is no good man amongst stars!”

Just at this time, another man came out of the gate. As he and his assistant were ready to get on the car , my friends run to him and said: ” Hello, would you please give us your sign?” But his assistant barred us in front of him:” Sorry, he is too tired today. Next time!” I said to him:” I’m sorry! Although my friends don’t specially come here to see you,please take into consideration that they can call out your name from their heart, give them a signature, please!” The car started, it seemed we had to give up. Suddenly, the door of the car opened, he got off and came to us. The first thing he said was:” It’s too late, you have to promise me to return home as soon as you get my signature. Don’t come to remote place like here again, it’s unsafe.” At this moment, we were so moved that we can’t find words to express our emotion. He took our book of signature, said:” it’s too dark to sign. We go to the roadlight, alright?” I saw him standing under the roadlight and signing his name. Watching the tall figure, tears restrained for so long time ran down my cheek at last. I felt that all the grievances vanished, only warmth left in my heart. His back under the roadlight would stay in my heart forever. And I decided to follow and support him eternally!( On our way back, on the roadside we saw a bag of fruit that girl gave him. The fruit were thrown away unfeelingly. Was such a comparison very ironic?)

The story are finished! Do you understand ? The exitement and warmth are always kept in my heart and can’t be changed whatever happens. Many people laugh at me. They think it funny------I , a woman almost 30-year-old , also follow star like those young girls, moreover , I do it firmly and consistently. What a laugh , before, I also laughed at those fans’s “foolishness”, never thought I would do the same thing one day. But now I understand it’s unimportant how others see me or whether they think me naive and stupid. That touched moment full of his care is important for me, I know this, it’s enough. So every time I’m hurt , I always think of the warmth and encouragement form that back under the roadlight. Here please accept “Thank you!” from the bottom of my heart!!! Action is powful than words, so I’ll support you for carrying out my promise. Whatever you do to develop yourself in the future, I will support you.

banlong

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A View of His Back Under The Road Lamp

Post by tumn tumn on Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:59 pm

banlong, thank you for the translation. It's really interesting!

My thought is just the same as the author's, before she met that "tall figure under the road light": I always think it's silly to chase the superstars. I bet there are many celebrities out there who behave just like the 1st rude "idol". However I really salute cheers the dedicated fans who have all the guts to go all the way to see their idol, to wait for hours for their idol, whom may just ignore them when they meet or if lucky enough, could get his signature & meet him for few minutes. Till now, I have no intention to meet any idol for I am worry if he would turn out WAYYY beyond my expectation (not in a good term but worse). Then it'll be a real disappointment. Crying or Very sad
tumn tumn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fang2 on Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:05 am

thanks, banlong for translating.... Very Happy

I'll print it so that I can read it "slowly".... due to my eyes.

I'll be back with my comments...
fang2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fang2 on Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:14 pm

The fan account is so interesting Very Happy

A friend told me that it will be safer if we love our idol from far..... not stalking or trying to follow where he goes. Very Happy This will surely makes us far away from being disappointed when the idol ignores our presence.

For me, when our idol "ignores" us (not even smiles or waves) in the situation which is in his privacy .... I can accept the ignorance. I may try to view from the idol's point of view. Perhaps, he's really tired, and wants to take a rest without being bothered, or he's in a bad mood. Our idol is also a human being - not a cyborg. Laughing

However, when it's in a fanmeeting / show / concert, I'll demand the idol to be friendly and warm towards the fans.

As far as I know (from the clips), Peter is sooo friendly and warm towards fans. He's always cheerful ...in the interview, tv show, fanmeet etc. Though sometimes, the question is a bit difficult for him, he doesn't show cold face.

As for the fan account above, Peter is just so nice when he finally came out from his car and gives his signature. The reason of his coldness is that he's worried about his fans. He feels responsible for his fans's safety following him to such remote place at late hour. I think I once heard about Peter's explanation in a tv interview.
fang2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by banlong on Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:46 am

tumn tumn :

I think like you before: don't meet your idol, he may make you disappointed.
so even if I could meet peter closely and talk to him, I didn't. It's due to my introversive charicteristic.
I think, yes, he is smile, because he is a kind and polite man, a "good man". he maybe feels tired or cheesed. I can't stand that, not even only a bit in his heart. so I decide not to bother or disturb him, just look him from far.

banlong

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by banlong on Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:52 am

fang2:

as I know, peter is always kind to his fans, on their dinner meeting, he even helped his fans to the food.....he never breaks his promise to his fans, aside from being ill.

do you ever think of meeting him, fang2?

banlong

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by banlong on Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:01 am

tumn tumn and fang2:

I've translated your both replies to BAIDU, I think you're sure to consent....

banlong

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fang2 on Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:04 pm

banlong, could u give me baidu link where we can see your translation of our comments Very Happy ? wanna to have a look only.

Hmmm.... about meeting Peter, of course... deep in my heart I want it.
But I prefer to see him in a live concert .... Rolling Eyes or in a fanmeeting where I can him closely..... just see him in such a close distance is enough for me...not dreaming to talk with him since I'll be very nervous... Embarassed
fang2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

clip

Post by fang2 on Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:27 pm

tumn and I once saw this clip..... showing Peter's concern to his fans who came to see him in such remote place.

share the caps of the clip here.... Very Happy
banlong, u can read the text.... that's what P said.

fang2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by banlong on Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:44 pm

fang2:this is baidu's link http://tieba.baidu.com/f?z=186918679&ct=335544320&lm=0&sc=0&rn=50&tn=baiduPostBrowser&word=%BA%CE%C8%F3%B6%AB&pn=100

130 回复:瞬间的感动,永远的支持,--《街灯下的背影》
下面是阳光地带美女tumn tumn的回复(她在那里译过PETER的很多新闻还有歌词),她用英文回的,这里就翻成中文吧:

谢谢,故事真的很有意思!
我的想法就和遇见“街灯下的背影”前的作者一样。
我总是觉得追星太傻,我敢打赌很多名人的行为就和那第一个粗鲁的“偶像”一样。
但是,我真心向那些有勇气去见偶像的粉丝们致敬!她们想尽办法、排除万难,花好多个小时等候她们的偶像,而这个人还可能会忽视她们,或者,运气好的话,她们能和他见上几分钟并得到签名。
到现在,我还是不想见任何偶像。因为我担心如果他转身走开(这是说运气不太好的情况下),那会让我真的很失望。

(我觉得tumn tumn的这个回复代表了很多性格内向的FANS的心声。)

作者: 铉鸣 2008-3-11 14:57   回复此发言

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

131 回复:瞬间的感动,永远的支持,--《街灯下的背影》
其实我错过了很多去看他的机会,心里想的和那位tumn 一样,我缺乏去看他的勇气..我怕和我想的不一样..

作者: 汐_春天 2008-3-11 16:15   回复此发言

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

132 回复:瞬间的感动,永远的支持,--《街灯下的背影》
汐_春天:
是会和你想的不一样,更彬彬有礼,更风趣些。

下面是一位叫fang2的美女的回贴(其实她是阳光地带的坛主,一直很辛苦地“工作”,前些日子刚做完近视眼手术。)

"这个粉丝的叙述很有意思。
一个朋友和我说,远远地爱我们的偶像,这样会比较安全,不要试着偷偷接近或跟随他。如果偶像确实忽视我们的存在,这样的做法确实可以使我们远离失望。
对我而言,如果我们的偶像在他的私人时间忽视我们(即使我们向他微笑或挥手),这种态度我可以接受。我可能会试着站在偶像的角度上去看问题。或许,他是真的累了,想不被打扰地好好休息一下,又或者他心情不好。我们的偶像也是凡人,不是机械人。
不过,如果是在粉丝见面会、表演、音乐会上,我会要求偶像友好热情地对待粉丝。
就我目前所知(从视频剪辑上),Peter对粉丝非常非常友好和热情。他看上
去总是高高兴兴的...不管是采访、电视节目还是粉丝见面会。尽管有些时候,提出的问题对他来说有点儿为难,他也不会摆脸色。

从这个粉丝的叙述来看,Peter最后下车签名的时候是这么友好。他的“冷淡”只是因为他太担心粉丝,他觉得自己对粉丝的安全负有责任(这么晚到偏僻的地方来)。我记得曾听他在一次采访中解释过此事。"

作者: 铉鸣 2008-3-11 16:30   回复此发言

133 回复:瞬间的感动,永远的支持,--《街灯下的背影》
我在心里面一直相信他是一个温和善良得象天使一样的人(尽管我知道他不是天使,呵呵).我会试着选一种方式去见他的,3月22号他要来北京了,我会加油!

作者: 汐_春天 2008-3-11 16:39   回复此发言

134 回复:瞬间的感动,永远的支持,--《街灯下的背影》
楼上的楼上错了吧

作者: 燕雨润楠 2008-3-11 20:45   回复此发言

135 回复:瞬间的感动,永远的支持,--《街灯下的背影》
她们不是去看老大的,是去看另一个人的,前个不是老大,吼吼。。。你搞错了哦!冷淡或者冷酷是那个人,和老大没有关系!吼吼

作者: 燕雨润楠 2008-3-11 20:48   回复此发言

136 回复:瞬间的感动,永远的支持,--《街灯下的背影》
不一样的境界,差了一步,就是天堂地狱之隔了吼吼

(fang2, it seems there is some misunderstanding about the word "coldness" in your comment. 燕雨润楠 thinks that you have mistaken Peter for the first idol...)

banlong

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fang2 on Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:55 pm

banlong, thanks for letting me know the link and comments from 燕雨润楠.

I've replied in baidu forum. I just stated that Peter is just a nice and warm actor. He is always cheerful and rarely show cold face. Very Happy

His "coldness" (=because he's worried of his fans' safety) has its reason.

Hope this is clear. Very Happy
fang2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by banlong on Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:27 pm

haha,fang2, Peter's fans do care him(e.g.燕雨润楠). they can't bear any "bad" (like "coldness") words upon him. I once critisized him in BAIDU, this annoyed many fans( of course, some of them could accepted it calmly). different from them, 豆芽 always loves Peter reasonably. however, she now isn't in charge of Peter's forum in BAIDU. the forum is complex too, like our real life.

I've seen your reply in BAIDU, I'll translate and explain your meaning, they'll understander surely.

banlong

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by yessy_loren on Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:53 pm

banlong...i see a clue...the ""tall figure under the road light" is Peter, isn't he? please make it clear...i'm really touching by the story..even now, i fell want to cry for it...he is really very nice guy
yessy_loren

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by banlong on Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:00 pm

yessy_loren :

the tall figure is just Peter Ho, and the Author, I have seen her, with a round face and outspoken character.

banlong

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by yessy_loren on Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:08 pm

So is Peter the "Tall Figure under the road light"!!! WOW! I'm soooo touching! Really really! Honto honto!

He really nice guy! His future wife, friends, family, n af course the fans must be very lucky cause they not love the wrong person!

The author is ur friend? U ever talk to her? Is she been close to Peter since that day?
yessy_loren

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by banlong on Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:16 pm

Yes, she really supports him, follows him from this city to another...she is in charge of the Fan's organization. but now she abdicates the position( just at the beginning of 2008), for the Fan's organization is difficult to manage. sometimes they argue. she is tired very much. but she still supports him as before.

banlong

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by yessy_loren on Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:10 am

She really a big shot..one great person in Peter career.

Actually, I don't understand, why fans argue each other...Isn't they all, we all, like Peter..that's way, instead argue, we must stand together to support our star....don't know why,the arguement still happen...it's very sad to hear it T_T

Banlong, the story is really nice story...changed a lot things in my self as a fans also as a human...thank u Smile
yessy_loren

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by banlong on Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:39 pm

Peter have many many fans in mainland, the ways they think and act sometimes can't reach agreement. Nevertheless, most of them won't argue, they try to understand the opposite opinion. As an organizer, it's not easy for her to lead so many girls(the fans are 99% girls, rarely can see a boy) and meet their demands(e.g. arrange their accomodations, schedules and etc. according to Peter's activities in mainland)

banlong

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivana B. Anonymous on Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:40 pm

And this is entirely the reason why I like this guy so much. He has a good heart; he would go out of his way to help someone -- even if it's just to sign an autograph. From all the interviews and tv shows he's been on, I've analyzed enough about him to know that he has an amazing righteously dedicated character to anything that he does. What I really find great about him, though, is his warm personality and urge to preach the morals of society (although this sounds a tad too parental). Many celebrities these days can care less about the society they're living in. He stands out because he actually practices what he preaches! Plus, love for his fans, family, environment .... god I can go on forever and it'd all be praises about him. I'm just going to end with this: peter ho is my one most admired idol of all time.

Ivana B. Anonymous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum