18 July 2008

View previous topic View next topic Go down

18 July 2008

Post by fang2 on Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:27 am

Rock-hard determination! peter 2008/07/18
Hey! It's me again! Just want to share with you guys something I did that I thought was real interesting today. Remember I went to a language school in Tokyo around 5 years ago? I had a bicycle back then but after I left japan, it's been sitting in the office waiting for it's owner to come back to him. Last nite, my bicycle had once again returned to the hands of his master- me. My shooting was scheduled to start at 11:45 this morning and I thought I should give myself a new challenge therefore I decided to ride my bike to work- from Shinjuku to Yokohama. For your information, that's really far. I told my colleagues my plan and they all thought I was crazy because it normally takes almost an hour by car. I started from my hotel at 8:15am and got there at 11:10am with only two 5 minute rests in between. An i-pod and a map and I started pedalling towards my goal with a determination hard as a rock. Got to the studio, took a quick shower and started my filming.

Although it sounded kind of ridiculous at first but I thought we should give ourselves some challenges once in a while to test our determination. Our lives only become more interesting when we face tests and obstacles that require us a lot of "strength" to overcome. I came across a lot of hills that were really hard to ride on but I saw it as obstacles that I face in life. Satisfaction comes after overcoming difficult obstacles. I used steep hills as a metaphor for challenges in life. Although it was just a bicycle ride but it meant quite a lot to me from another perspective. I believe that we should occassionally offer ourselves some challenges to prevent our "inner strength" or "courage" to get rusty.

credit: http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=440980685
fang2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 18 July 2008

Post by lizzie.23061 on Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:55 pm

WOW!! He did an awsome job!
lizzie.23061

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top